The family team
There are four regular workers in Articmedia: Lassi, his wife Barbara, his son Sami and wife Anu, who are all living in Kajaani. Furthermore, several other people lend us a hand, such as Lassi’s sons Tomi, Mika and Niko and their life partners, Lassi’s niece Asta and other friends and neighbours.
- born 6.2.1957 in Suomussalmi, speaks Finnish, Swedish, English and German
- active athletics career 1970-77; long jump, sprint
- summer journalist with local paper ”Salmelainen” 1974-78
- teacher at the comprehensive school of Suomussalmi 1976-79
- on Kainuu brigade’s sports team during national service 1976-77
- numerous exhibitions 1978-
- student at Kajaani teacher training school 1979-84
- freelance writer and photographer from 1978-89 for e.g. newspapers Kaleva, Ilta-Sanomat and the photo agency Pressfoto
- photographer for approximately 25 books since 1984
- ”Sana ja Sävel” festival photographer in Kajaani 1985-87, 1989-91
- advertising and photo agency, Articmedia book publishers in Kajaani 1988-
- photo safari organiser 1991-
- economics director for Luontokuva (Nature Photo) magazine 1992-99
- managing director of Kustannus Oy Luonnonkuvaaja (publishing company of Finnish Nature Photo association) 1994-00
- artistic director of the Kuusamo Nature Photo Festival 1996-2010
- over 100 slide shows or equivalent in about ten countries
- Europe’s best mammal photo (brown bear) and bird photo (great grey owl) 2005
- Nature photo of the year in Finland (wolves and bear) 2007
- Finfoto prize (Finfoto awards yearly one Finnish photographer with a prize for having done an outstanding job) 2008
- rewarded with the culture prize of Kajaani 2008
- Artist of the year 2009 of the municipality of Suomussalmi
- received the art prize of Kainuu region in 2009
Born in 1980, in Switzerland, moved to Finland in 2006, educated commercial clerk, Master of Arts at Oulu University, speaks German, French, English, Italian and Finnish - und Baseldütsch!
Born in 1977, grew up on a farm in Pyhäjärvi. Bachelor of Business and Administration in 2000. Worked for five years for Elisa Mobile Connections. 2006 moved back to Kajaani with Sami and started working for Articmedia. Began her studies at Kajaani University in 2010 in order to become a teacher in 2015. Speaks Finnish, English, Swedish and German.
Sami Kristian Rautiainen
-Educated commercial clerk and sales expert
-Worked before: 5 years with tractor, 6 years in the furniture business, 1 year in Kosovo as a soldier
-Since 2006 Articmedia's full-time handy man, daddy's lifesaver, Articmedia's clandestine manager...
-speaks Finnish, English and Swedish
Born in March 2009, Anu’s and Sami’s son, our mascot. Grandpa’s favourite and everybody’s sunshine. He is simply irresistable!
Born in September 2010, Sami's and Anu's baby girl and the newest member of the team. Cute and small but noisy! Received a cookbook and an apron as a welcome gift from the Articmedia team
Miniature Schnauzers Ira, Mytty and German Pinscher Émilie de Pompidou.